Thesis Essay Outline Template
A thesis outline is made to ensure that the plans for the creation of a thesis is put together in such a way that all the variables necessary to the scope of the study are considered appropriately. A thesis outline is a great help in making a great research paper as it organizes the data as well.
It guides a researcher through all the processes that need to be executed during the entirety of the research planning, data gathering, results assessment, and implementation. We have put together a number of outline templates and samplesthat you may all use in creating an effective thesis outline.
Master Thesis Outline Template
Senior Thesis Outline
Thesis Statement Outline
Outline for Thesis Proposal
How to Create a Thesis Outline Template
A thesis outline is structured to assure the organization of the details of a research study to be made. You can create a thesis outline template through the following steps:
- Be aware of the kind of thesis study that you would like to create so you can decide on the outline format that you may use.
- Download any of the outline templates that we have provided in this post so you can be guided by formatting the layout and content of your thesis outline template.
- Enumerate all the items that are needed to be present in your research and plot them accordingly on the template that you will use.
What Should a Thesis Outline Look Like
Just like a book outline template and a program outline template, a thesis outline must be complete, informational and easy to understand for its usage to be fully maximized by the researcher. A thesis outline should look like this:
- It must contain the introduction of the research study.
- A literature review is essential to ensure the need for the study to push through.
- The research questions that need to be answered should also be stated.
- A methodological design must be included in the discussion within a thesis outline.
- The assessment to be followed by the research study once information has already been gathered must also be presented
- Properly incorporate the way that a conclusion and recommendation may be stated based on the relation of the hypothesis to the results of the study.
Honors Thesis Outline
Thesis Essay Outline
Academic Thesis Outline
Thesis Paper Outline
Guidelines in Creating a Thesis Outline
A thesis outline, compared to an essay outline, must also be properly structured and well-curated. Some of the guidelines that you may follow in creating a thesis outline includes the following:
- Assure that the outline template that you will use may it be in Word, PDF or excel is appropriate to the thesis or research study that you will conduct.
- Be precise with the items that you will put in the thesis outline and make sure that they are relevant to the study that you want to immerse yourself into.
- Properly present the topic area which will generally be discussed and researched.
- Identify the reasons on why the research is important. You can specify how it can benefit a community and the other stakeholders of the research activity.
- Be specific with the group of people to whom the results of the thesis will be highly usable.
- Your thesis outline must present the scope and limitations of the research interest.
With the items that we have discussed, make sure to use a thesis outline first before proceeding to the research study that you would like to create.
You may also like
Thesis Proposal Templates -8+ Free Word, PDF Format Download ...
Literature Review Outline Template – 8+ Free Sample, Example ...
Essay Outline Template - 25+ Free Sample, Example, Format Free ...
Outline Template – 78+ Free Word, PDF, PSD, PPT Format ...
5+ Thesis Proposal Templates - Free Samples, Examples Format ...
6+ Literature Review Outline Templates – Free Word, PDF ...
Argumentative Essays – 9+ Free Samples, Examples, Format ...
34 Best Outline Examples
Autobiography Outline Template – 17+ Free Word, PDF Documents ...
Paper Outline Templates - 6+ Free PDF Format Download Free ...
Speech Outline Template - 32+ Free PDF, Word Documents ...
Chapter Outline Template – 7+ Free Sample, Example, Format ...
3. Creating a Thesis Statement & Outline
I.What is a thesis statement?
A thesis statement is usually a sentence that states your argument to the reader. It usually appears in the first paragraph of an essay.
II. Why do I need to write a thesis statement for a paper?
Your thesis statement states what you will discuss in your essay. Not only does it define the scope and focus of your essay, it also tells your reader what to expect from the essay.
A thesis statement can be very helpful in constructing the outline of your essay.
Also, your instructor may require a thesis statement for your paper.
III. How do I create a thesis statement?
A thesis statement is not a statement of fact. It is an assertive statement that states your claims and that you can prove with evidence. It should be the product of research and your own critical thinking. There are different ways and different approaches to write a thesis statement. Here are some steps you can try to create a thesis statement:
1. Start out with the main topic and focus of your essay.
Example: youth gangs + prevention and intervention programs
2. Make a claim or argument in one sentence.
Example: Prevention and intervention programs can stop youth gang activities.
3. Revise the sentence by using specific terms.
Example: Early prevention programs in schools are the most effective way to prevent youth gang involvement.
4. Further revise the sentence to cover the scope of your essay and make a strong statement.
Example: Among various prevention and intervention efforts that have been made to deal with the rapid growth of youth gangs, early school-based prevention programs are the most effective way to prevent youth gang involvement.
IV. Can I revise the thesis statement in the writing process?
Sure. In fact, you should keep the thesis statement flexible and revise it as needed. In the process of researching and writing, you may find new information that falls outside the scope of your original plan and want to incorporate it into your paper. Or you probably understand your thoughts more and shift the focus of your paper. Then you will need to revise your thesis statement while you are writing the paper.
V. Why do I need to make an outline when I already have a thesis statement?
An outline is the "road map" of your essay in which you list the arguments and subtopics in a logical order. A good outline is an important element in writing a good paper. An outline helps to target your research areas, keep you within the scope without going off-track, and it can also help to keep your argument in good order when writing the essay.
VI. How do I make an outline?
You list all the major topics and subtopics with key points that support them. Put similar topics and points together and arrange them in a logical order.
Include an Introduction, a Body, and a Conclusion in your outline. You can make an outline in a list format or a chart format.